• Members Area
  • Battlefield 3
  • Ban Appeal
  • Matches
  • Support
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default =STAR= bfbc2 server evryone read this

We ran into this last night.
    Should we or should we not have rules on our server? and why?
    I would like to know what everyone thinks about this so we can set up the command console with the correct info.

I'll go first. I think we should have just a few rules like no cheating (cheating is having an unfair advantage over another player ie aimbot,wallhacks,see eye hacks).

I also think anti base raping should be turned on in the server. I know if I'm in a server and the other team is base raping us. The whole team and myself included will bail in a heart beat and find a new server and the server will die! seen it a lot. Besides what kind of a player just sits and camps the other teams base hiding in bushes shooting the enemy's in the open not the kind of game i like to play.

I think it would also be nice to have a no tank or chopper rule tell 4 vs 4. I think it would help keep the server up and running.

That's all i can think of or think i would like to see. Please give me your thoughts.

=STAR= Board Of Executives TideRolling's Avatar

Default Re: =STAR= bfbc2 server evryone read this

All sounds good to me.
    RIP Tim you will be missed buddy. JULY 4, 1970 ~ MARCH 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/user/tcrosslin64/videos

I dont think there should be any rules. I see that as one aspect of the game that should be dealt with just like having to fight for the center point. I feel that there is nothing in this game that cant be countered. If the other team is good enough to get you backed to the base, than thats how good they are together. That being said I really dont care as it has been pretty much how all the other servers are run, and you do stand to loose players in the event of base raping. If we do however turn on the no base raping on, I would like to see the same happen for shooting out of the base (which I have seen done). Either way not too big of a deal for me. In the end I guess its whatever keeps the most players in our server, and keeps them happy.

=STAR= Board Of Executives Stoich's Avatar

im with pozz

=STAR= Clan Military Journalist RangerJoes's Avatar

The only thing that bugs me is cheaters. I think attacking the base is perfectly fine. It's part of combat operations, at the least only attack base if all control points are held....
    RJoes

Is anyone else going to make a comment about our server and weather it should or should not have rules would like to get some more input. So booley can have and informed decision for our server.

Well the rules about cheating should be obvious and enforced. We don't want or need hackers to spoil the fun for anyone.

What is fully constituted as cheating should be clearly defined. I.e. base rape, etc etc that we can collectively decide

Other than that, I personally believe in limiting personal freedom as little as possible. That's just my stance on it.

I see fighting out of the base as no different as fighting to take any control point. I can't stand playing on a server that has so many rules your afraid to do anything...TBG and a few others do it.
    I was kicked one day for shooting a tank round at a chopper which missed, landed in the base killing some dude...and I was just past control point B, and one time I did shoot down the chopper that was shooting at me but over the base somewhere....Is it a war game or not ?
    my 2 cents
    RJoes
    Last edited by RangerJoes; 05-28-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Re: =STAR= bfbc2 server evryone read this

This will explain the Air Land Battle... You must control for successful operations...Airborne/Light Infantry/Special Operations all have missions behind enemy lines....
    RJoes

OFFENSIVE OPERATIONS

Fire support for offensive operations can be described in terms of an offensive framework presented in FM 100-15. This framework shows corps and divisions using five complementary elements in fighting their offensive battles:

■A main attack with supporting attacks as required.

■Reserve operations in support of the attack.

■Reconnaissance and security operations forward and to the flanks and rear of main and supporting attacks.

■A continuous deep operation in vital parts of the zone of attack.

■Rear area operations necessary to maintain offensive momentum.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Registered Member

What is fully constituted as cheating should be clearly defined. I.e. base rape, etc etc that we can collectively decide

Other than that, I personally believe in limiting personal freedom as little as possible. That's just my stance on it.